Five things you need to know - ahead of 2019 Middle Years Conference
Middle Years Council of the ATA - Annual Conference
1. NEW this year: Thursday evening Speed Sessions. Speed sessions are a popular way to learn at AMLE and we are bringing this format to #myc2019. Speed Sessions are a flexible format that gives you 15 minutes to talk about hot topics in Middle Years Education, in small seating arrangements (6-8/table), with other educators. At these fun and informative mini-sessions you will get to know other conference delegates, socialize, talk shop, and mingle. Topics include: mental health awareness, building school culture, exploratory learning, staff wellness, and an open table for delegate generated topics. Speed Sessions will run for approximately an hour, starting at 7:30 pm, but the bar will be open until 10 pm. There will be draws to enter for a free hotel stay at the Banff Park Lodge(to be drawn Saturday) and fabulous gift cards to be won! We hope to see all of our delegates at this session!
2. Our schedule is LIVE on MYC 2019: Schedule Have a look at our exciting session line-up and sign up for sessions that appeal to you. Our sessions cover a variety of subject areas pertaining to the middle years.
3. We are pleased to have Dr. Martha Cohen School as our Middle School host this year in Calgary. If you are still interested in joining this free opportunity to visit a unique middle school at 1:00 pm, on April 25, please contact Shauna at: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Subway will be served for lunch.
4. Friday Night Social: Bring your ‘name that tune’ skills and join in on the fun Friday night, starting at 8:00 pm. There will be more gift card draws and more chances to enter for the free hotel stay at the Banff Park Lodge(to be drawn Saturday).
5. Social Media Contest: Share highlights from the conference, on Twitter/Facebook at #MYC2019. Your post could be chosen to win one of 3 “posts of the conference”.
6. After the conference is over attending delegates will receive a promo code for next year’s conference: Mental Health in the Middle Years, with Dr. Jody Carrington. We are opening the conference up to all grade levels, because of Dr. Jody’s message.
Registration will be capped at 250, so you will want to save with your promo code and get registered in the Fall, for this fantastic conference in Banff, April 2020 ...